In the event of a major emergency, all Humphrey Fellows in the U.S. should:
- Check in with your university coordinator to confirm your safety and location. If you cannot reach the coordinator personally, please leave a message with this information. The coordinator will be responsible for reporting to IIE Humphrey staff within the same day, if possible. Attempt to contact your family in your home country directly to confirm your safety and location. Email may work more efficiently than telephone contact, if telephone circuits become very busy.
- If it is not possible to contact your Humphrey Program coordinator, you should:
- Call IIE directly at 202.326.7701 or 1.800.242.1595 (toll-free), to confirm your safety and location. If no one answers, please leave a message with this information.
- If it's not possible to call IIE, check the IIE website for information. IIE will post information within one hour of any major emergency if possible.
- If you are not able to contact anyone on the numbers above, you may try the IIE-Denver office: 303.837.0788 or email: . They will provide additional guidance.